GHD Woodhead was engaged by Mayflower to provide architectural services to deliver a staged development masterplan for the Mayflower residential community development, a project that maximises the existing suburban site.
Many buildings constructed prior to 2002 can have shortcomings in terms of operation, “fit for purpose” or are no longer appropriate for today’s standards. Developments may also provide the opportunity for increased site density and income stream. The brief from Mayflower was to increase and consolidate different levels of care for separate aged care and retirement living, and to create a community centre. The development has been carefully planned in three stages online casino to maintain existing residents on site and provide efficient construction stages. The new development comprises:
- 105 new aged care beds are proposed (30 dedicated for dementia care), all with fully accessible ensuites
- 60 new (two and three bedroom) independent living apartments, all with secure parking
- Administrative facilities including main reception foyer, gift shop, multi-purpose areas, communal terraces and lounges, commercial serveries, kitchen and laundry facilities
- Community centre incorporating day respite centre, swimming pool, bistro style restaurant, gymnasium, cinema, hairdresser, chapel/reflection room and social/activity areas
- Resident amenity with bowling green, potting shed and men’s shed surrounded by landscaped courtyards and gardens